Return to Easton's Main Index Nave's - Sanctuary Previous topic (Sanctification)
Sanctuary - denotes,Next Topic (Sandals)
(1) the Holy Land (Ex. 15:17; comp. Ps. 114:2);
(2) the temple (1 Chr. 22:19; 2 Chr. 29:21);
(3) the tabernacle (Ex. 25:8; Lev. 12:4; 21:12);
(4) the holy place, the place of the Presence (Gr. hieron, the temple-house; not the naos, which is the temple area, with its courts and porches), Lev. 4:6; Eph. 2:21, R.V., marg.;
(5) God's holy habitation in heaven (Ps. 102:19). In the final state there is properly "no sanctuary" (Rev. 21:22), for God and the Lamb "are the sanctuary" (R.V., "temple"). All is there hallowed by the Divine Presence; all is sancturary.
|Contact us at|
|or, write us at P. O. Box 822 Warsaw, Mo 65355|
The operators of this site neither collect nor use any information from site visitors.