Return to Easton's Main Index Nave's - Holy Day
Nave's - Holy Place
Nave's - Holy Spirit
Previous topic (Holiness) Torrey's - Holy Spirit, the Comforter, The
Torrey's - Holy Spirit, The, is God
Torrey's - Holy Spirit, The Personality of
Torrey's - Holy Spirit, the Teacher, The
Torrey's - Holy Land
Torrey's - Holy of Holies
Holy Ghost - the third Person of the adorable Trinity.
His personality is proved
(1) from the fact that the attributes of personality, as intelligence and volition, are ascribed to him (John 14:17, 26; 15:26; 1 Cor. 2:10, 11; 12:11). He reproves, helps, glorifies, intercedes (John 16:7-13; Rom. 8:26).
(2) He executes the offices peculiar only to a person. The very nature of these offices involves personal distinction (Luke 12:12; Acts 5:32; 15:28; 16:6; 28:25; 1 Cor. 2:13; Heb. 2:4; 3:7; 2 Pet. 1:21).
His divinity is establishedNext Topic (Holy of holies)
(1) from the fact that the names of God are ascribed to him (Ex. 17:7; Ps. 95:7; comp. Heb. 3:7-11); and
(2) that divine attributes are also ascribed to him, omnipresence (Ps. 139:7; Eph. 2:17, 18; 1 Cor. 12:13); omniscience (1 Cor. 2:10, 11); omnipotence (Luke 1:35; Rom. 8:11); eternity (Heb. 9:4).
(3) Creation is ascribed to him (Gen. 1:2; Job 26:13; Ps. 104:30), and the working of miracles (Matt. 12:28; 1 Cor. 12:9-11).
(4) Worship is required and ascribed to him (Isa. 6:3; Acts 28:25; Rom. 9:1; Rev. 1:4; Matt. 28:19).
|Contact us at|
|or, write us at P. O. Box 822 Warsaw, Mo 65355|
The operators of this site neither collect nor use any information from site visitors.